Beautiful finely bound set of 10 J.M. Barrie titles, in 12 volumes. All are first edition, first printings, with the exception of Better Dead, which is the first hardbound edition, and one of the two Auld Licht Idylls, which is the seventh edition, the other being the first edition.
Full set comprised of the following:
- An Edinburgh Eleven. London: Office of the "British Weekly", 1889. First Edition.
- Better Dead. London: Swan Sonnenschein & Co., 1891. First Hardbound Edition.
- Auld Licht Idylls. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1888. First Edition.
- Auld Licht Idylls. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1892. Seventh Edition.
- When a Man's Single. A Tale of Literary Life. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1888. First Edition.
A Window in Thrums. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1889. First Edition.
My Lady Nicotine. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1890. First Edition.
The Little Minister, complete in three volumes. London: Cassell & Company Limited, 1891. First Edition, half-titles present.
Sentimental Tommy. London: Cassell & Company, 1896. First Edition.
Tommy and Grizel. London: Cassell & Company, 1900. First Edition.
Bound in 3/4 dark brown morocco, raised bands and gilt decorated spines, marbled boards and endpapers. All are bound without the ads, except for the first edition of Auld Licht Idylls with 2 pages at the rear. In very good or better condition. Bindings are all tight, sturdy and square, light shelfwear and rubbing to extremities. Bookplate to each front pastedown, scattered light foxing internally, a bit of grubbiness to the pages of A Window in Thrums. A beautiful set.